In my limited experience working, I’ve talked with a lot of people and gotten their opinions about rewarding employees. The tip I have today is to always remember to reward your employees. There are a variety of ways to do it but it helps a lot for morale.
I’ve developed into the type of leader that is results driven but caring. Of course you need to make sure you are strict and get to the timelines that you need but once your team gets there, you need to be sure that you reward them appropriately.
There are a few ways you can reward your employees:
- Send an email communication from one of the top managers on the project. This acknowledges the team from top management and signals that the work is really appreciated and is being tracked.
- Have a personal conversation with them and congratulate them in person. It’s always good to have acknowledgment of good work and doing it in person gives an even better sense of accomplishment.
- Take your team out to dinner. This gives you the opportunity to reward the whole team and use it as a socializing opportunity and morale booster for the team
- Give your team a day off. Your team needs to recharge and what better way than to have the day off. They can spend it with family or just sleeping.
- Negotiate a bonus for the team. Money isn’t always the best motivator but it is a classic one and does help out.
- Ask your employees what you can do. This is the best way because everyone has different needs. Whether it’s vacation or money or anything else. Let your employees decide what they need.
With these tips, you can ensure that you keep a happy team. If it’s not in your power, you should try your best to convince your managers to do this for the team. Remember, completing milestones and jobs are things to be rewarded for a job well done!